Friday, May 26, 2017

2017 Kipling Award Finalist; Coleson Burroughs

How The Turtle Got His Shell



Once upon a time there was a turtle named Turtle and he lived in the Snooglish Boolglish river.The turtle was small and had no shell.He was always banging into rocks because the water was as going as fast as an eagle can fly.So the turtle was getting bandages on his back because of the rocks.

He needed to find a shell,but where would he find one?So he went to shore and saw a bird and he asked “do you know where a shell is”?The bird said yes but it is a hermit crab shell not a turtle shell.The turtle said ok thank you anyways and walked away.Soon enough he came to a BIG turtle and “asked do you have a shell for me?”the big turtle said no the only shell I have is my shell.

So Turtle said ok thank you anyway and walked away.Not that long of a time later Turtle came to a monkey and asked “do you have a shell for me?”The monkey said ooh ooh ah ah no but I do know a gorilla that has everything in the whole world.Turtle said ok thank you

soooooo much but where is the gorilla.I cant tell you ooh ooh ah ah.Turtle said ok well bye now.ooh ooh ah ah bye.After days and days of slowly walking Turtle finally found the gorilla .Turtle asked “do you YAWN have a YAWN turtle shell for me YAWN?”Of course I do,I have every thing in the world and by the time gorilla was done talking Turtle fell asleep.after a few hours Turtle woke up and had a lot of energy and asked “do you have a shell for me?”And gorilla said yes but you must do something for me.what is it said turtle?The gorilla said you must go get me a candy bar.But I don’t have any money and you have everything in the world.Yes yes I know but I cant find it because of how small it is said gorilla.Can I at least have some money said Turtle?Sure here is $5.

Ok I will be back soon said Turtle.So 1 hour later the turtle came to a store.He was to short to open the door.So he had to wait for a human to come.After another hour someone finally came.So the turtle went in and got a candy bar.Turtle went to the checkout desk and put 5$ on it. When he finally got back to the gorilla.The gorilla said here is one.Turtle said it's too
big.

Ok here is another one .Turtle said it’s too small.Ok here is another one.Turtle put it on and it was perfect!So after the long and dreadful walk home he finally got to the Snooglish Booglish river he lives in he never had to have another bandage ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment